Taco Bell caters to the meatless crowd
One of the crucial vegetarian-friendly fast-food chains needs to be much more so: Taco Bell will take a look at a vegetarian menu this yr. The pseudo-Mexican chain has lengthy been patronized by vegetarians for its bean burritos and cheese quesadillas, amongst different menu gadgets.
And in different information…
• A Supreme Courtroom case might drastically have an effect on the mail-order wine biz by barring retail wine outlets from transport to patrons in different states. [NY Times]
• Planning a visit to Paris? Michelin simply unveiled its 2019 Bib Gourmands for France. (Extra reasonably priced and extra informal than Michelin’s starred picks, every restaurant should present a three-course prix-fixe menu for 37 euros or much less.) [Michelin]
• Chook Field-themed dinners are actually formally trending, apparently (however actually, any dinner could be a Chook Field dinner for those who placed on a blindfold and put up a meme about it?). [Grub Street]
• The latest kitchen uniforms are being designed by cooks and are extra gender-neutral, size-inclusive, and fewer formal than the starched white coats and ridiculously tall hats of yore. [NY Times]
• Enterprise at Mario Batali’s eating places could also be struggling within the wake of his sexual misconduct scandal, however apparently Del Posto continues to be adequate to host a Sopranos forged reunion. [Page Six]
• Along with denying federal employees paychecks and dirtying up nationwide parks, the federal government shutdown can be affecting craft breweries’ means to do enterprise. [NY Times]
The freshest information from the meals world every single day
By signing up, you comply with our Privateness Coverage and European customers comply with the information switch coverage.