Salad chains affected by insanely lengthy strains
Fueled by all these rattling New 12 months’s resolutions to eat more healthy, Manhattan salad chains like Chopt and Sweetgreen are being affected by strains of as many as 100-plus folks. In the meantime, native shops of fast-food chains like McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A are seeing a significant slowdown — although that pattern will certainly reverse by February, at which level 80 p.c of individuals will possible have deserted their resolutions. The state of affairs seems to be to be the identical in different cities together with D.C. and Boston.
McPizza podcast reaches its 100th episode
TIL there’s a podcast referred to as No matter Occurred to Pizza at McDonald’s? that investigates that very topic, and it’s now on its 100th episode. (Don’t have that a lot time to take a position? Right here’s an evidence of the McPizza’s quick life in 1,200 phrases.)
And in different information…
• 1000’s of individuals have joined a Fb marketing campaign to get Stevie Nicks to work a shift at a McDonald’s in — the place else? — Fleetwood, England. [IHeartRadio]
• Dunkin’ Donuts has formally begun its transition to simply plain ol’ “Dunkin’,” rolling out new packaging and napkins that drop the “Donuts.” [Restaurant Business]
• Does purple wine actually trigger complications? The present medical proof is inconclusive, however there’s a analysis research within the works to probably determine which wines particularly appear to make folks’s heads damage. [WSJ]
• DoorDash is partnering with GM to check meals supply by way of self-driving vehicles. [The Verge]
• Bethenny Frankel’s flight was pressured to show round after the Actual Housewives star, who’s deathly allergic to fish, realized bass was being served as a part of the in-flight meal. [People]
The freshest information from the meals world every single day
By signing up, you comply with our Privateness Coverage and European customers comply with the info switch coverage.